Position: Migrant Education Program Coordinator
Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the position of Migrant Education Program Coordinator. The Migrant Education Program Coordinator provides administrative, fiscal and programmatic support to the Migrant Education team.
The Migrant Education Program Coordinator provides critical administrative and technical support to the Migrant Education Program in Tennessee in the areas of business administration, budgets and reporting, event planning, and communications. Fluency in Spanish and experience working with immigrant populations is preferred.
This is s full-time position that reports to the Associate Director of the Migrant Education Program. Salary is based on experience and/or qualifications. We work in a collaborative, team-based, fast-paced environment. There are no private offices in our space and camaraderie is a value shared among all staff.
The Migrant Education Program (MEP) is a federally funded program authorized by the ESSA, Title I, Part C. Conexión Américas is responsible for the implementation of the Migrant Education Program in the state of Tennessee. The fundamental purpose of the program is to remove barriers to academic success for migrant children (ages 3-21), and to promote academic achievement.
Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas and the Migrant Education Program should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
Please email cover letter, resume, 2 job references and salary history to: Patricia Tarquino, Associate Director of the Migrant Education Program, Patricia@conexionamericas.org. No phone or in person inquiries, please.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all financial components of the Migrant Education Program; invoicing, expense reports, payroll, purchasing, payments, and budget management
- Manages logistics for the Migrant Education team; makes travel reservations and booking in accordance with agency and state policies.
- Oversees purchasing and inventory of program supplies, including technology and instructional materials
- Manages purchases, payroll and logistics for summer camps
- Oversees logistics for staff meetings, retreats and training (both in-person and online)
- Creates program newsletters, brochures and flyers; oversees printing and distribution of these materials
- Assists in capturing the stories of our students, families, staff and programs in order to communicate the program to the broader community
- Performs general clerical duties, including, but not limited to copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Disseminates program materials, including program handbooks and guides to school districts and other stakeholders.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information.
- Assist with special projects as needed
General Organization Support Duties:
- Communicates in a positive and effective manner Conexión Américas’ mission and programs
- Attends and provides support as needed to organizational events and fundraisers throughout the year, including fundraising breakfast, and Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other job at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to assure a cooperative environment.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Associate's or bachelor's degree required.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, budgets, databases and data entry required.
- Experience in office/clerical, secretarial, or general administrative work preferred.
- Flexibility, creativity, initiative and ability to work as a team member, required.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of stakeholders, required.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English required, bilingualism in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and strict timelines, required.
- Must have reliable transportation and possess a valid TN Driver's License and auto insurance.
- Demonstrated appreciation for Latino culture and families, as well as other immigrant and refugee groups, preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of nonprofit organizations’ operations preferred.
- Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
About Conexión Américas
Conexión Américas is a Latino nonprofit organization based in Nashville, TN. Our mission at Conexión Américas is to build a welcoming community and create opportunities where Latino families can belong, contribute and succeed. Conexión Américas is an advocacy and direct-service organization. We focus on four areas of community impact: Social Integration (family engagement, youth development and English as a Second Language), Economic Integration (homeownership, micro-entrepreneurship and taxpayer education/assistance), Civic Integration (advocacy and grassroots leadership development) and Community Development (arts and placemaking).