Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the position of Associate Director of Economic Prosperity. This full-time staff position will be responsible for the overall program management of Conexión Américas’ Economic Prosperity Programs as well as direct interaction with program participants on an as-needed basis. This position will manage six (6) full-time staff members and one (1) part-time staff member. The Associate Director of Economic Prosperity will report directly to Conexión Américas’ Director of Programs.
The successful candidate will lead an integrated approach to supporting programming related to the economic integration initiatives at Conexión Américas that seek to support Latinx community members. These initiatives include microenterprise development, financial counseling, homeownership, taxes, English language classes, digital literacy, and community services. The goals of this role are to innovate and lead Economic Prosperity improvements and/or expansions, to grow and develop team members, and nurture and foster positive collaborations and partnerships for social service & community outreach initiatives. Overall, this role should seek, develop, and maintain relationships with partner organizations and resources as part of the broader economic development ecosystem in Nashville.
The successful candidate is someone who is self-motivated, highly organized, adaptable, solutions-oriented, and skilled in working with multiple diverse stakeholders. They must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to manage, nurture, and motivate a team, and experience creating and implementing strategies to achieve a vision.
Native/Advanced level bilingualism in Spanish is required (part of the interview will be conducted in Spanish). The desired start date for this role is June 15th.
The successful candidate:
- Has experience in microenterprise development and economic development
- Is self-motivated; comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, seeks solutions and improvements
- Has a solid understanding of data and how to use data to drive overall decision-making
- Excels in working with, supporting, and developing team members
- Has the ability to relate to small business owners, regardless of professions or background
- Has the ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge
- Is bilingual and bicultural
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of nine (9) Economic Prosperity programs
- Provide support and direct supervision to program team through weekly check-ins
- Support the development, promotion, and coordination of all economic prosperity programs and workshops
- Monitor operational activities and effectiveness of results and prepare reports as appropriate
- Accountable for overall program results and quality
- Accountable for timeliness and integrity of data management and analysis in relevant systems
- Manage external relationships (such as partners, volunteers, supporters)
- Manage overall program budget
- Prepare program grant reports
- Coordinate and/or participate in efforts to build relationships with local micro enterprise developers to establish and develop a network of experts in the field
- Participate, as assigned, as a member of community groups and organizations to promote local business and economic development within the service area
- Support delivery of economic prosperity programs and workshops lead in-house at Conexión Américas or by partner organizations, on an as needed basis
- Refer participants to in-house or external resources, as needed
- Collaborate with all of Conexión Américas’ staff, including members of the Economic Prosperity team to ensure that Conexión Américas’ financial stability and microenterprise programs are offered participants across the organization
General Organization Support Duties:
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other position at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to assure a collaborative environment.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree required; at least one year of experience in economic and community development; required
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Accredited educational institutions from outside the United States will be considered.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish; required
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of all functional areas of small business operations; required
- Experience in microenterprise development and economic development, preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Data management skills
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops in English and Spanish
- Ability to oversee program development, promotion, participant enrollment and retention
Salary and Benefits
- The salary ranges from $53,000 to $57,000 based on experience, education, or other qualifications
- Medical and Dental insurance
- PTO Benefits: 18 vacation/personal days and 12 sick days for all full-time employees
- Holidays – 10 paid holidays for all full-time employees
- Flexible 9-5pm schedule, with occasional evenings or Saturdays as needed
- Paid parental leave for full-time employees who complete two year with the organization
- Ongoing training and development
- Dynamic and engaging team
About Conexión Américas
Conexión Américas is a statewide Latino nonprofit organization based in Nashville, Tennessee. Our mission is to build a welcoming community and create opportunities where Latino families can belong, contribute and succeed. Our organization was founded in 2002 to address some of the most pressing challenges created by recent demographic changes in Middle Tennessee as Latino families come to this region searching for a better quality of life.
Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
We focus on four areas of community impact:
Social Integration(family engagement, youth development and English as a Second Language), Economic Development (homeownership, micro-entrepreneurship and taxpayer education/assistance), Civic Integration(community education through workshops and grassroots leadership development) and Community Development(arts and placemaking).
For more information about Conexión Américas, visit us at www.conexionamericas.org and check our organization’s profile at www.GivingMatters.com
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to Maria Paula Zapata, Director of Programs, via email to email@example.com.
No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.