Parental School Engagement
The sessions, which end with a parental graduation ceremony, teach parents to understand and navigate the school system through a series of workshops in Spanish, led by a team of trained parent facilitators. We employ a parent-to-parent approach aligned with our core value of building the skills of our participants and assisting them in being the principal agents of community change.
The sessions also provide a space for parents to come together, support one another, share experiences and lessons learned.
We offer three levels for parents with:
- Children in pre-K.
- Children in elementary school.
- Children in middle and high school.
Among the topics covered during the Parents as Partners sessions:
- How to advocate for your child within the school system.
- How to help your child graduate from high school and plan for college.
- How to build positive self-esteem and motivate your child to be successful.
- How to navigate the school system and communicate effectively with school staff.
- How to support literacy and create a strong learning environment in the home.
For more information on Parents as Partners please contact us.