Position: Bilingual Afterschool Program Site Coordinator
Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the part-time position (15 hours/week) of After School Program Site Coordinator. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills in English and Spanish and significant experience in working with Latino populations. The candidate will also demonstrate an understanding of challenges relating to youth development in low-income communities, specifically in the Latino immigrant community. Experience with education or leadership development preferred. The successful candidate must be highly organized, compassionate and adaptable to working with people of diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds. Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
Applications sent on job boards will not be considered and all application materials must be emailed.
For Indeed and other job board postings: Please apply on our website.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to Sara Del Castillo, Director of People & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
This is a part-time staff position that reports to the Afterschool Program Coordinator. Conexión Américas leads afterschool programs at three local middle schools through the “Estudiantes, Learning, Diversión!” program. The program addresses the educational needs of bilingual and bicultural Latino middle school students, grades 5-8. The focus is on academic support and literacy, as well as cultural engagement through dance, sports, art, and other activities.
We anticipate a weekly commitment of approximately 15-20 hours.
Monday: 2:15 pm- 6:15 pm
Tuesday: 3:45pm- 6:15pm
Wednesday: 3:45- 6:15pm
Thursday: 3:45pm- 6:15pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Program Site: Wright Middle School, Croft Middle School, or Antioch Middle School
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate high quality, engaging activities during the afterschool program meetings.
- Prepare and clean materials and classrooms, and make sure all items are stored in their proper place.
- Accurately track student attendance (sign-in/sign-out sheets).
- Assist with data entry and filing (online database/attendance and student files).
- Assist with student registration, parent meetings, field trips and special events.
- Recruit and retain students into the program.
- Provide academic support, mentorship, and leadership development activities for the students.
- Create and maintain a student- centered safe learning environment.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with school administrators, Conexión Américas and students’ family members.
- Demonstrate a belief in the value and potential of every student.
- Communicate program updates and relevant information to parents in a timely fashion.
- Serve as point of contact for enhancement partners and faculty at school sites.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other job at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to assure a cooperative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish required, biculturalism preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Good relationship building skills
- Experience working with youth preferred
- Demonstrated appreciation for Latinx culture and people
- Reliable transportation required
About Conexión Américas
Conexión Américas is a Latino nonprofit organization based in Nashville, TN. Our mission is to build a welcoming community and create opportunities where Latino families can belong, contribute and succeed. Our organization was founded in 2002 to address some of the most pressing challenges created by recent demographic changes in Middle Tennessee as an increasing number of Latino families come to this region searching for a better quality of life.
We focus on four areas of community impact:
Social Integration(family engagement, youth development and English as a Second Language), Economic Integration(homeownership, micro-entrepreneurship and taxpayer education/assistance), Civic Integration(community education through workshops and grassroots leadership development) and Community Development(arts and placemaking).
For more information about Conexión Américas, visit us at www.conexionamericas.org and check our organization’s profile at www.GivingMatters.com