The Communications and Marketing Manager will serve an important strategic role in helping to advance Conexión Américas’ mission by working closely with the Director of Policy and Communications to leverage the organization’s reputational and programmatic assets to support its communication and marketing objectives. The Communications and Marketing Manager should be available to work full time between the hours of 8am – 4pm, with some availability for evening or weekend events.
This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Director of Policy and Communications. The annual salary for this position is $43,000. We offer a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, personal and sick days, and health insurance.
Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to Andres Martinez, Director of Policy and Communications, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
- 2-3 years experience working in communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, or journalism
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, or similar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English AND Spanish
- Familiarity with social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or HTML
- Basic graphic design skills and/or experience working in Canva
- Superior attention to detail
- Positive, energetic, and eager to use innovative marketing and outreach strategies to advance Conexión Américas’ mission
- Self-motivated, well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively as part of a team
- Flexibility, creativity and capacity to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Must pass background check
- Access to reliable transportation
- Strong understanding of Latino culture and Latino issues in the US preferred
- Work with the Director of Policy and Communications on the creation and implementation of specific communications and marketing tactics and strategies to advance Conexión Américas’ advocacy, programmatic, and fundraising initiatives.
- Support the Development & Strategic Growth team with fundraising and events.
- Create and design effective social media postings for Conexión Américas using Canva for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and any new social media deemed appropriate for outreach.
- Manage print, web and social media assets, including regular updates and strategic initiatives.
- Monitor, track, and report analytics on marketing and communications campaigns.
- Design templates and assist staff with program outreach, marketing and participant communication.
- Monitor news, social media channels, internal programmatic trends to stay up-to-date on news and information relevant to Conexión Américas.
General Organization Support Duties:
- Attend organization-wide staff meetings and retreats.
- Communicate in a positive and effective manner Conexión Américas’ mission and programs to program participants and the general public.
- Attend and provide support, as needed, to organizational events.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other position at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to ensure a collaborative environment.
About Conexión Américas
Conexión Américas is a Latino nonprofit organization based in Nashville, TN. Our mission is to build a welcoming community and create opportunities where Latino families can belong, contribute and succeed. Our organization was founded in 2002 to address some of the most pressing challenges created by recent demographic changes in Middle Tennessee as an increasing number of Latino families come to this region searching for a better quality of life.
We focus on four areas of community impact:
Social Integration (family engagement, youth development and college access and success), Economic Integration (microentrepreneurship, financial education, English classes, digital literacy and tax preparation), Civic Integration (advocacy and leadership development), and Community Development (arts and placemaking).
For more information about Conexión Américas, visit us at conexionamericas.org and check our organization’s profile at www.GivingMatters.com
Director of Policy and Communications